header image

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Umberine

A semester nearly comes to an end and not a single post has been made amidst. That could be a good thing; There's probably nothing to complain about. But then I'd be lying.

So I'm not going to apologise for not writing. I'm not going to give specific reasons as to why I wasn't writing. I'm not being paid to do this. I don't really owe anyone an explanation.
But then I'd be lying.

I apologise. I've wanted to write but it just never happened.

I went and saw Opeth in Chennai for the IIT Saarang fest. I wanted to post about that and send the link to Mikael Ã…kerfeldt on his blog. Except that never happened.
We pulled off a massive fest in our campus. I danced, sang, played Rosita on stage and even beat the shit out of dustbin lids and not to mention, won some computer gaming related events. I wanted to post about that too. That didn't happen.

Anyway. No point complaining.

Time has been lost and time has been spent doing things one could only be reminded of now through countless Facebook pictures and what not.

Time is passive.

Pune has gone back to its state of dry, uncontrollable heat and its fake promises of rain. Two years have gone by and tomorrow, just like I did two years back, kids are going to be pouring into our campus, A4 folder laden, wearing their pristinely ironed shirts and formal shoes, arms tangled in a sweaty mess of timidity along with their equally mousy folk, all for an honestly stupid studio test and a nerve-racking wait for a not so nerve-racking interview. Phew. Two years have gone by and I can see growth in myself and my peers in almost every way possible. We're so much more mature. I'd like to think that at least.
The entire semester has served as an incubating hutch for the cynic that's been sitting inside me for the Lord knows how long. I've almost become living hatred towards so many things. And not talking to you is probably making it worse. Sheer happiness is a rare visitor to our dusty village here in Loni.

It's cool. There's a lot more to be optimistic about. The summer is almost in. Bangalore awaits me with good food, good folk, good fuck (i wish) and the occasional Sunday mass. I get to jam with good ol' Chechi as well. It's about time we put up a temporary halt to our 'temporary educational hiatus'. We need a gig. We need to tell people that we're still sort of alive somewhere in Koramangala and not just living off that one article that probably only went out to friends and family of the band. There goes the cynic again. Haha.
No, but seriously. Jamming should be great because if one's ever witnessed our jam sessions, one would know that it's not just a manifest of magic masala music but has flavours of football, alcohol, projectile drumsticks and great Mangalorian cuisine thrown in between.

I need to write more often. It's been squeezing out of me in every way possible. Whether its some silly note on Facebook or a reply to some cry about life being unfair on the college messageboard, I feel the urge to write something, always. It's also been a while since I've written a song. I should do that.

Ah. I'm going to go make an ambigram. Or something design-related like that.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Well, I know you love her. But a whole post dedicated in her name? That almost makes her an equal to Rosita. Also dont title my photography with words like 'fag'. And you didnt dance on Quasar. Maybe next Quasar and a little YMCA buttshaking. Hmm.

Glad you're finally writing again though. I thought the literary monster inside you was dying.

Adi said...

Ye Gods, I can't wait to jam.

Also, weirdly enough, I'm sure I checked your blog a few times between April 30th and now, but I never saw this update.
Anyway, glad to have you back to blogging.

George said...

She was inspiration for writing. Haha. Stupid junior of yours..
And yes, I DID dance. That little goldspot skit was enough dancing for me..

Yes, I know.. I posted yesterday.. But I had started writing the post a while back. So it gets published as a post on the day you first saved the draft.

Glad to be back. =D

Tanya said...

The zing thing.
HAHAHAHAHA. How could I forget.