header image

Friday, April 25, 2008

Introduction II

30/3/02

Hi. I'm George Joseph. The same guy who used to populate this part of my blog about a year back. Probably the only person who did so. Since my last post, a shit-load of things have happened. Things I'm going to assume you know about so I won't have to fill up the gaps here. It's not like you asked for a recap of the 17 years that preceded me when I first started this blog.
I'll give you a lowdown:

Eveda Chechi released an album. We got a little recognition and a little more respect. We still have plans on making it big.
I went to college. Things happened there. I met new people who I've grown to feel comfortable with. I live with 6 other guys in my room and we share similar lifestyles. Our sexuality has been the victim to a large number of forces since arriving at hostel. Reasons will remain undisclosed.
I saw Iron Maiden again. It was fuckin' ace.
I grew my hair. It's a jungle now. 7 inches at least. And with this heat that's choking us all right now, I have actually brought myself to thinking of cutting it. For the first time this year!
I still play the bass and have improved considerably.

All this said and done... I still don't have a girlfriend and still don't know how to drive. Stupid new year resolutions of mine.

"But I'm in a band \m/"*

-------------------------------------------

So here I sit, after months of a false hiatus, writing only because I finally think I've got something to write about. Though I might have written about things related to this topic before, I feel that it's become a fresh thought altogether... it's been a while since my last introspection. And a cigarette seems to have clued me in. Yes, I have officially started doing something I always claimed I'd never do and if there's anything to add do that I'd like to state that I'm proud enough not to be a mouth-fagger.
Here I sit, returned to my corner from a little chai break that we took. We sit in a tiny shed sipping tea, talking about unrelated, insignificant things. I sat wondering. Is this really where I am? Is this really what I want?

What do I want? The one answerless question that keeps bothering me... it's funny how one always desires something he knows is unattainable, something non-achievable. And when this 'knowing' gets more apparent, so does the desire. Maybe it's because I'm a born cynic. I need something new to criticise. And I need it now.

So here I sit on a Sunday evening like any other. The type of Sunday evening where you regret wasting your weekend, where you dread the day that follows and where you make up a new excuse for your mother as to why you missed morning mass. These Sunday evenings seem more inspirational than any other day or evening. And it's today where I feel the need to start writing again. It's been far too long...

My blog. My headspace. My domain of complaints. This is me.

7:36: slightly intoxicated

There's house blaring in my peripheral hearing. There are neon lights aglow. There's smoke filled air looming around me. I'm not in a club, I'm in my room. I feel like dancing, though. Maybe just to get that freedom I get when I'm high and on the dancefloor. Bliss.
There's no one there though. No one to share this feeling with. No one real atleast. There's a phantom, a mystery, an apparition to me. But that's okay. It's always been like that.

This is some 'shiver' happening right here.


*Courtesy Tanya Bhandari for the line

5 comments:

Tanya said...

YOU DONT MATTER.
Hahaha.

Finally an update.

George said...

<_<

Tanya said...

Raju Loves Nimmi.

Rohan said...

hmm is it time to go for a walk at 1 AM???

Anonymous said...

i like the bit about needing something new to criticise. i do too! ha.

<3