header image

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sleepless in Sarjapur

2:09 A.M.
I'm wide awake.
My depressing day didn't turn out to be that depressing towards the end. It could've been the 45 minute long conversationg I had with one of my closest friends (yes, I turned my phone on eventually)... But then again, it could've been that chocolate 'Kup-Keyk' I just polished off. Whatever it was, I do feel much better.
Oooh, check out the hairstyle in the pic above. It's something 4 other classmates (more cases expected by Monday) and I did over the holidays just for fun. We now look like the Easter-bunny's excreta.
I've been looking out the window for quite a while now. Haven't managed to see any INXS members walking around. Then again, I'm in Sarjapur... I'd be lucky to see anyone walking around at this time of night. No, it isn't muggers, thieves, murderers or rapists on the prowl that scares anyone over here. It's the fact that we have 3 lakes surrounding us, which serve as a perfect breeding ground for the deadliest killer of them all; the mosquito. Even with all my windows shut, they somehow find a way into my home (and my room especially).
*notices the front door is wide open*
Oh...

Anyway, I'll end this post with a poem...

Sleepless In Sarjapur

Pitch black all around me,
And my eyes fixed on the computer screen,
A mosquito buzzes because it found me,
I squash it to a pulp, for I am mean.

I don't feel sleepy and it's the truth,
Another mosquito makes its way...
I squash it to a pulp, for I'm uncouth,
This act of squishing makes my day.

Sleepless in Sarjapur,
It's a daily battle I have to face.
I think I'll switch on AXN,
And perhaps watch The Amazing Race.

2 comments:

gaeties said...

Ooh.
Mob poignant, this.

gaeties said...

Omg.
You actually have to maintain the blog you know. Noob.