header image

Sunday, December 03, 2006

An Untimely SAT-ire

I know, I know... It has been AGES since I last posted anything on this blog. How long exactly? Well, you can probably make out from my hair in the previous post and my hair in the current one... But anyway, as always I do have a hopeless excuse!
Since my last post, many things have happened. That, however, will be discussed in greater depth in the next post (which I plan on making right after this.) Basically, my father suddenly came unto me and asked whether I planned on going to college or not. I answered that I had considered it once on a Friday afternoon but after looking at my academic achievements (what achievements?) I decided that it wasn't worth the effort. Okay, that's just hogwash but still...
The topic lead to me starting to look at various colleges abroad (in the US mainly!) Wow! From a college down the road (Sarjapur Road) to a possible option in one of the best Design colleges in the US and probably the world! I'm talking 'bout the renowned Parsons School of Design. Believe it or not, my dad really wants me to go there! =)
So as many of you may know (I'm assuming that there actually are people reading this,) colleges in the US require you to take the SAT. I'm still uncertain bout what it stands for but that's beside the point. So December 2nd, Saturday morning (a very cold one,) met me in Bishop Cotton's Boys' School amidst an entire set of people (all of them being Serial SAT takers®) who along with myself were dreading sitting on very uncomfortable wooden chairs for an excruciating 3 hours and 45 minutes! As expected, it was in fact an excruciating 3 hours and 45 minutes (or more!) I didn't get to finish my essay, the English sections were TOUGH but the math was relatively easy and I'm hoping to get a half-decent score.

Ok... so that's the SAT story for you...

No comments: