header image

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Children of Boredom

With a lower amount of classes during the week, one would've expected the average 17 year old to be overwhelmed with joy. But unfortunately, this was not the case for young Joj in Bangalore...

My life seems to be getting more boring as it progresses daily. Does it even progress? Hmm... Monday has been obliterated from the remnants of my memory. I think I do suffer from some sort of short-term memory loss (the information which cheekily comes back to me after a year or two). I'm serious. I don't even remember what happened. O.o
Tuesday was 'Science Day' in school which translated to a treasure hunt, free periods, bunking chemistry and a good game of football. The treasure hunt was based all over our school (which isn't too big) and clues were spread out over random people. Like an inconspicuous chemistry teacher's son sitting below the school's renowned cherry tree. At first, only 6 teams were allowed to register. But when people heard that prizes were involved, this number increased by almost 3 times. Scavengers!
I and two other comrades racked our under-estimated grey cells and eventually managed to win the hunt. Of course we did get help from some other students (some who were actually organisers of the event itself) but that's beside the point. Our prizes; a Rs. 250 book voucher. How much does a Playboy cost? : P
So as far as Tuesday was concerned; it was truly one of those days you always wished you had more of.

Wednesday. The day began with math. I like the subject, but recently I've noticed that the teacher has become highly impatient with people like me. Ok, I admit I'm slightly slow and all but it's insanity when you're sitting there watching every one race through problems when you haven't even got the first one. And the dear teacher doesn't seem to notice that I'm not very comfortable with the fast-pace math-race that happens in out class. Bah!
We then had two free periods (joy!) which served as a discussion session amongst a few of us about the plight of public transportation in Bangalore. ...What?
The rest of the day was too boring to even reminisce about.

We’ve got Diwali holidays coming up from Friday to Tuesday. The festival of light once again sacrifices its chance to be celebrated with friends due to beckoning family members in Hyderabad. I can foretell that instead of bursting crackers and breathing the disgustingly-brilliant air of gunpowder and fire, I’ll be sitting there, helping my 10 year old cousin play a computer game. Great! More things to deprive me of the few remaining shards of mental stability I think I possess.

Does life even have purpose?

No comments: